|Date||September 16, 2015|
|Time||12:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Locations||American Security Project, 1100 New York Ave. NW, 7th Floor West Tower, Washington DC|
New advancements in technology continue to integrate more of our private data and information together across multiple devises and access points. With this increase in accessibility comes greater risks of hacker attacks and breaches. Cyber security and the tools associated with it are on the front lines in protecting our information.
In the wake of major security breaches, including OPM, Sony, and Target, cyber security has taken center stage in talks of national security and defense. As the United States continues to rely on technology for government and military operations, cyber security is needed more than ever before.
Over the course of the conference, our expert panelists will discuss the issues surrounding cyber security and challenges we will face moving forward.
The conference will be held Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at ASP’s conference facilities in Washington, D.C.
Agenda: Cyber Security: Risk, Recovery, and Resilience
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Networking Lunch & Registration
12:30pm – 1:15pm: Keynote – RDML Danelle Barrett, Deputy Director of Current Operations, US Cyber Command
1:15pm – 1:30pm: Refreshments & Networking Break
1:30pm – 2:30: Panel 1 – Lessons from the OPM Hack
Moderator: Michael Riley, Reporter, Bloomberg
- Logan Brown, President, Exodus Intelligence
- Aamir Lakhani, Senior Cyber Security Researcher, Fortinet
- Jeff Wagner, Director of Security Operations, OPM
2:30pm – 2:45pm: Refreshments & Networking Break
2:45pm – 3:45pm: Panel 2 – Threats and Consequences Facing the Military
Moderator: BGen. Stephen A. Cheney, USMC (Ret.), CEO of ASP
- MG Garrett Yee, US Army Reserve, Cyber Security Directorate Military Deputy
- LTC Scott Applegate, G33 Current Operations Chief, Defensive Cyberspace Operations, United States Army Cyber Command
- Ian Wallace, Senior Fellow, Co-Director Cyber Security Initiative, New America
3:45pm – 4:00pm: Refreshments & Networking Break
4:00pm – 5:00pm: Panel 3 – Beyond the Technical – Defense, Diplomacy and Deterrence
Moderator: William Lay,Deputy Chief Information Officer, Department of State
- COL Jon Brickey, National Capital Region Liaison, US Army West Point
- Michele Markoff, Deputy Coordinator for Cyber Issues DoS
- Hon. Bijan Kian, Chairman of the Board of Directors, iCelero
Event in Partnership ASP’s Business Council for American Security
ABOUT THE AMERICAN SECURITY PROJECT
The American Security Project is a non-profit, non-partisan public policy and research organization dedicated to fostering knowledge and understanding of a range of national security issues, promoting debate about the appropriate use of American power, and cultivating strategic responses to 21st century challenges. For more information, visit www.americansecurityproject.org.