Veterans Climate Security Fellowship
ASP is looking for military veterans to join ASP as fellows to support our climate security outreach in Florida. The fellows must live in one of four regions: Northwest FL, Northeast FL, Tampa Bay, or South Florida.
This fellowship is part of our ongoing National Climate Security Tour where ASP travels outside the Beltway to talk to regional constituencies about the need for military resilience against the threats posed by climate change.
The fellows will support this work by conducting regular outreach, providing educational briefings where relevant, and assisting with research when available.
The fellow may also have an opportunity to highlight the local intersection between national security and climate change through a short report and media engagement.
This is an unpaid position, with opportunities for paid research, that will provide exposure to climate resilience work and DC employment opportunities. Travel and any costs incurred will be paid for by ASP.
- Have served in the US military and been honorably discharged.
- Live in one of the following regions: Northwest FL, Northeast FL, Tampa Bay, or South Florida.
- Be comfortable speaking in public.
- Be familiar with or interested in issues related to climate change and national security that affect your area.
- Interest in climate security policy
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.